Thursday, September 15, 2005

Success and the Mastermind Concept

Do you have a mastermind group?

By that, I mean a group of people you can meet with by phone or in person to bounce ideas, to brainstorm, to "test market" your plans...people who will challenge you instead of answering all your questions with "sure, that sounds good, I guess."

Truth be told, I have several mastermind groups. I'm convinced that a mastermind group is essential for success.

Look at it this way, if you are surrounded by people who think just like you, how many original ideas do you think you'll come up with? How many of those do you think you'll actually try to implement?

If you want to elevate yourself, you've got to elevate your friends. It may sound harsh, but it's a fact. For one example: for most people, your income is the average of your 5 closest friends' incomes. Go ahead, calculate it, I can wait....

See? Told you. But we all know success is about a lot more than just money. Have you noticed that when you have a friend who uses a certain expression a lot, you start to use that expression especially when you spend more time with that particular friend? It's true - we ARE who our friends are. That's why your mother probably warned you to choose your friends carefully.

So my question for you is this:

Are you surrounding yourself with friends who create the best possible environment for your success? If not, how can you change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment