It's an international organization dedicated to helping people improve their commnuication skills and public speaking. Which is a great service, since most people have a fear of public speaking that's stronger than their fear of death.
I happen to be president of my local Toastmasters chapter.
I gotta tell you, it's one of my favorite ways to give back to the community. I am a mentor for several members in our group, and to see them advance--to see the fear of speaking in front of a group actually dissipate over time is just amazing. I admit, I'm one of those freaks who has never been afraid to speak in front of a group. I was presenting to adults when I was 13 years old, and it's one of my great passions. But then again, I'm not exactly "normal."
Anyway, our Toastmasters group has it all: entrepreneurs, single moms, sales people, students, you name it. It's a great way for people to come together and empower each other through feedback adn constructive criticism. Plus, they're just fun people and I love being around like-minded individuals who aspire to be great. Anywhere you can find good people is a good place to be in my book.
So if YOU would like to improve your speaking and communication skills (and you can't afford to hire me personally), I highly recommend finding a
What are you waiting for? Get crackin'!

No comments:
Post a Comment